Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

October 30, 2016

Transformation of the Heart

Total transformation of the heart takes time, sometimes perhaps more than we would want to admit. Psalms 119 gives us many answers how to walk consistently with God.

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from the commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statues as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." 119:9-16. 

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." 119:1 
These verses are packed with disciplines to stay in his Word, and to "be" conformed to His image: 
Be committed to stay in the Word. Be consistent: 

As much as possible, try to do daily bible reading, from your phone, on Facebook, or even the good old fashioned way, straight from the pages of your bible! 

Be thoughtful: meditate on the word, do a bible study. Look up the definition of words if you are not sure what they means.look up other verses on the subject. 

Be teachable: Allow the Holy Spirit to convict you. Be humble. Be open to truth. 

These actions produce a changed and joyful heart full of thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment