Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

September 2, 2011

We grow when we believe right, think right, and speak right

Believing right is accepting God’s gift of grace and His Holy Spirit who empowers us to change our lives. God is love and love is the theme of the Bible. No greater truth can be imagined:  “If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him, and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him (John 4:15-16). What your faith is in- is what you believe to be true. But it’s not about just having faith, it’s what your faith is in that counts. The Bible teaches us to believe in the perfect life that Jesus lived, that made Him the perfect sacrifice, that makes you righteous and without fault. Believe in the finished work of the cross that guarantees you a new beginning and a new life. Believe in the power of the Holy Spirit who leads and directs you with wisdom and understanding to make right choices. Believe God loves you.

How you see yourself, how you view the world and see life is in how you think. Your thought life and your perspective forms and shapes your attitude, opinions, and your personality. Your thoughts are formed from your current knowledge and understanding of what you believe to be true or not true. When you begin to change your thought process about your situation, your circumstances may not change, but how you view them will.  “Your problem is not really your problem. How you see your problem is your problem.” Thinking right is a process of replacing current distorted thinking patterns with biblical principles and promises. When you believe right, think right, and speak right, you change and grow. All lasting change begins by surrendering your thought life to the Word of God (see Romans 12:2). “Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things” (Philippians 4:8).

The Words of God and our words: “In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1). Jesus is the Word. He is what the entire story of the Bible is about. He is grace and truth. As we are living in His presence, we speak the Word in His name: “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and will be saved” (Romans 10:10). Words are like a seed that will produce a result. The Bible instructs us to choose our words wisely. Speak blessings and life.

Believe it, think it, and say it: I am who the Bible says I am. I refuse to accept past definitions and limitations that others or that I have put on myself. Jesus has given me the gift of grace to change. I am God’s child and He has given me favor. I believe in who Jesus is and what Jesus has done for me that will bring good changes in me. I can change my habits, emotions, and life by changing the way I think. I submit to the process of renewing my mind, and I expect to change into His image as I believe in how the Word says “to meditate on it day and night”. Speak words of faith and thanksgiving in Jesus’ name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus has given me the gift of grace to change. I am God’s child and He has given me favor. I believe in who Jesus is and what Jesus has done for me.

    ReplyDelete