Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

December 15, 2016

Psalm 6

We are born with a sinful nature therefore inclined to sin. The Bible continually says that salvation is found only from the Lord. The hope for deliverance and restoration can only be reached by mercy and mercy is shown vividly with those who have gotten off track.

David is often referred as “a man after God’s own heart.” In the 6th chapter of Psalms we can see why he earned that notoriety. David was troubled, his whole soul was pouring out with remorse. His heart ached and his mind perplexed to the point where even his bones caused him agony. His pain and suffering brought him to total brokenness that seems to have no end. David is so humbled he fills his bed with tears late into the night. He heart cries out for mercy and healing, the relief that only the Father can give:

“Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long? Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. Among the dead no one proclaims your name. Who praises you from the grave? I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.” Psalm 6:1-7.

Having made his request known to God, David is confident that his sorrow will be turned into joy. Like David, and without doubt, we can know that our prayers are accepted, and in God’s perfect timing will be answered. God loves a humble heart! David prayers are accepted by way of the Mediator and Lord Jesus Christ. The Word conveys that prayers made to God, who is the righteous Judge and the provider of righteousness, pleads our case and who rights the wrongs.  As believers, through the blood and righteousness of Christ, we can go to God and plead with Him our case for pardon and renewal. Praise God He is just and faithful to grant us both! And because of this great gift we are to pray for our enemies and hope for their salvation:

“Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.” Psalm 6:7-10. 


Shame is a result of pride. The first book of Corinthians, chapter 13, is known as the love chapter. It shows us a better way, the most excellent way. A man after God’s own heart is humble and directed by his remorse and sorrow, rather than shame, when a relationship has been damaged. Humbleness is focused on the other person. Remorse and sorrow seeks peace and healing in a hurting relationship: “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” 1 Corinthians 13:6.

No comments:

Post a Comment