Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

December 24, 2016

The God of Miracles

“I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. I remembered you, God, and I groaned; I meditated, and my spirit grew faint. You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak. I thought about the former days, the years of long ago; I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked: “Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?” Psalm 77:1-9.

The writer went through an experience which many of us have had, or will have at some time or another in living the life of faith. Here is a man who faced a very distressing circumstance which sent him flying to God for help. He tells how he prayed and wept and tried to meditate on God all night long, but, to his great distress, he received no help at all from God. As a consequence, doubts began to rise in his heart. He almost lost his faith. Eventually, he finds his way back to greater faith and trust in God than ever before.

God has declared His strength among the people. What God has done for his church has been a standing declaration of his almighty power. God brought Israel out of Egypt in the great Exodus. This was the beginning of mercy to them, and was remembered yearly by them in the Passover: “You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.” Psalm 77:14.

We would be wise to worship God. The pure in heart shall see God. Pure worship is exalting God for who He is and what He has done. Pure worship is the way to understanding God's heart. When we worship, we enter into His sanctuary. In the holy place we understand our God, and we can know that all His ways are just and right. We must have fellowship with holiness if we would understand the way God relates to man: “Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God?” Psalm 77:13.

We all have doubt from time to time of God’s great power and ability. We might think He won’t do great things like He does for others. Doubt makes us think God doesn’t hear our prayers. The answers we seek don’t come the way we expect, and God’s timing, well, seems to take way too long. When we doubt creeps in, and without delay, we are wise to turn our hearts and minds to what God has done: “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” Psalm 77:11-12.


The remaining section found in the 77th chapter of Psalm, goes on to tell of the Parting of the Red Sea, another miracle from God, our faithful Deliverer. Never stop believing God will help you overcome your biggest obstacles. With God on your side, He will help you conquer all your valleys, deserts, mountains, and storms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment