Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

November 26, 2016

A Life of Lasting Significance

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Hebrews 10:16

To the unbeliever, “a meaningful life” is contrived from a mix of one’s opinions, experiences, perspectives, realities, and the lack of understanding and knowledge of Biblical Truth. To the unbeliever, truth is abstract: “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:4. There is a world view and there is God’s view of what it means to live a meaningful life according to His will and purpose.  

Every promise from God is declared through  Jesus Christ. God chose each of us for his good pleasure. We are his special possession: But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9. When Jesus prayed for his disciples, he confirms them: “For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.” John 17:7-9.

Our purpose is to bring glory to the name of Jesus. We are his Life’s work: “All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.” John 17:10. Our Father in heaven watches over us, uniting us together with his Son as one into his Holy Family: “Holy Father, protect them by your power of your name-the name you gave me-so that they may be one as we are one.” John 17:11. Jesus prayed in our behalf. He knew the world would hate us so he asked the father to set us apart for his purpose: “They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.” John 17:16-17.

A life of significance is firmly fixed in desire to follow the will and ways of God. We need to relate and respond to each other, lean and support, give and take, confess and forgive:  “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.” John 5:9-17.


We need each other. We are to work in unity. There is one body with many parts: “There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.” 1 Corinthians 12:4-6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment