Welcome to How to Change and Grow

Welcome to How to Change and Grow. The answers to life is found in seeking the Creater of life. We serve a good God. He wants to help us. God's Word guides and directs our steps while the Holy Sprit empowers us to transform, mature, prosper and more. The fullness of God's love brings us to beyond striving, to satisfying all our needs and anything we could ever hope or wish for. God's way IS a better way! God bless you as you learn HIS WAYS to change and grow.

November 27, 2016

He Fills Me Up

“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.” Psalm 63:1-5.

We are God’s treasured children. He chose us from the beginning of the world with love that lasts forever. The Holy Spirit is at work in us that brings forth good fruit. Because He is a Holy God we are made righteous, whole and complete. Truth sets us free from sin and misery: “But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the first fruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.” 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

We are called to follow, the outward call, of living out the gospel of grace and truth. The inward call is the workings of the gospel of grace and truth through the power of the Holy Spirit in us. Therefore, when we believe and obey the Gospel we will be with Jesus and will be a witness to the gospel and share in His glory: “To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 2:14.

The Bible tells us to stand firm and abide in Him. We must pay attention to the workings of the Holy Spirit, be diligent, equipping ourselves in Truth. “So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.” 2 Thessalonians 2:15. “Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.” 1 John 2:28.

When we pray we pray to our God the Father but also to our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and we should pray in His name unto God. We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God, and not just to endure or be patient, but joyful, in troubles, in pain and suffering. Our hope is grounded in the love and grace of God, the promises of God, the goodness and the faithfulness of God. Grace and mercy of God are what we hope for, and what our hopes are founded on, and not on any effort of our own. “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17.

He fills me up with good things, your Holy temple. He gives me love. He watches over me. He protects me from harm. He listens to my distress. He gives me rest. He gives me strength. He delivers me from evil. He is so good. He fills me up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment